I love food blogs. Last week my sweet friend Denise started her food blog http://cuatromolinascocina.blogspot.com/ She has enough recipes for a cookbook. I was inspired to make her 'Summer Chicken Pasta Salad'. As I gathered my ingredients I realized I did not have enough balsamic, nor did I have fresh basil (I planted some in the garden from seeds...it's not quite ready) nor did I want to make a trip to the store.
I gathered what I had and created this:
- 8 ounce box of DeBoles Gluten-Free Angel Hair Pasta
- 3/4 cup of sun dried tomatoes in oil
- 4 cups of grilled veggies cubed: calabasita, asparagus, onion
- 3 grilled chicken thighs, debone and cube
- 3/4 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 cloves of Mexican purple garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
Prepare pasta per box instructions, rinse in cold water. Heat olive oil to a small simmer add garlic and stir. At this moment your home smells of heaven on earth. In a large prep bowl add all ingredients toss and serve.
This recipe is so versatile just add what you have grilled...you'll love it. Honest.
Warm Goat Cheese Patti
- 1/2 inch circle of goat cheese
- 1 egg plus 1 tablespoon water, beat
- 1/2 cup of panko
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
Warm a nonstick pan with olive oil. Dip goat cheese in egg wash then in panko. Pan fry till panko is tan in color, about 2-3 minutes each side. Serve side by side with pasta.