April Seasonal Fruits & Vegetables

Spinach leaves are so plump right now.  Yesterday as I was making a spinach salad I sneaked a leaf and to my surprise with each bite I could feel the spinach juice bursting.  I had never experienced that before or maybe I never paid attention.  Spinach is currently in season...remember to buy organic if you can, it is one of the dirty dozen. 
Apricots
Artichokes
Asparagus
Belgian Endive
Bitter Melon
Broccoli
Butter Lettuce
Cactus
Chayote Squash
Cherimoya
Chives
Collard Greens
Corn
Fava Beans
Fennel
Fiddlehead Ferns
Green Beans
Honeydew
Jackfruit
Limes
Lychee
Mango
Morel Mushrooms
Mustard Greens
Oranges
Pea Pods
Peas
Pineapple
Radicchio
Ramps
Rhubarb
Snow Peas
Sorrel
Spinach
Spring Baby Lettuce
Strawberries
Swiss Chard
Vidalia Onions
Watercress

Comments

Popular Posts