Poblano Boat



Poblano Boat
 
Breakfast ~ Lunch ~ Dinner

The earthy scent of poblano peppers roasting is intoxicating, you can almost taste the air.  They're not spicy but they have a big earthy pepper taste.  I saw a food photo of a breakfast poblano on instagram and thought 'Yum, let me create my own'.  It turned out delicious! I will be making this again and again.  I can visualize it now breakfast for 2 or brunch for 15+ this will be the star of my next brunch gathering.

Ingredients

Poblano Boat for 2
1 T oil
1 poblano, sliced long ways and seeded
1/4 lb of cooked sausage or a protein of choice
1/2 onion, sliced and sauteed
1 cup fresh spinach, sauteed
2 eggs
Muenster cheese, grated to your liking
Salt & pepper to your liking

Heat a skillet, add oil.  Set the 2 poblano halves in the skillet add the sauteed sausage, onion and spinach evenly to each half.  Top each half with an egg.  Salt and pepper.  Cover for 5-7 minutes, once you smell the poblano toasting, top with cheese and broil uncovered for 3 minutes. 
It's ready!  Enjoy!

Looks like this right before you add the cheese...now broil uncovered.
 Share with me how you will be making this recipe your own?  Endless possibilities...Italian style with meatballs, Indian style with curry, Moroccan with spicy cinnamon chickpeas...what love! 


Comments

  1. Yum! I might replace the sausage with mushrooms but I love all your other ingredients

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandi, hope you tried it. I love the mushroom idea. xo, Darlene

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts