Coconut Curry Squash Soup

Purchased two acorn squashes at my favorite Mexican grocery store.  Squash is such a beautiful vegetable.  It's food art.  I love to buy it, display it for a week sometimes longer, then cook it.  This acorn squash was so gorgeous I couldn't help myself...I sliced it up and grilled it within the hour after buying it.  Love the scent...clean and hearty.  I scooped out the seeds, sliced it in rounds, brushed it with olive oil, salt, pepper and grilled it.  Added to the grill onion rounds, tomatoes & Mexican calabasita too.  So good.  With all the leftover grilled veggies I decided 'soup' is the perfect theme to consume all these good good veggies.

Coconut Curry Squash Soup

Leftover grilled acorn squash, onion and Mexican calabasita
1 Vegetable bouillon
1 garlic clove sliced
2 teaspoons of curry powder
2 cups of water
1 can of coconut milk
salt & pepper to your liking
lemon

In a dutch oven add all of the above.  When it comes to a boil, reduce heat and let it simmer for 20 minutes.  Puree with an emulsifier/hand blender.  Juice an entire lemon in the soup.  Serve.

So simple.  I will be serving the soup with a scoop of steamed rice...perhaps Basmati maybe sticky rice.

Comments

Popular Posts