January Seasonal Foods

The last few years I've been more conscious of what foods are in season and what foods are not.  This will be the 2nd year I've made more of an effort to eat seasonal.  Once I read more about the benefits of eating seasonally it was easier to be conscious....one main benefit is the vegetable or fruit tastes better, second  and most important to me is that it helps keep my body warm or cold depending on the season.  For example when I think of winter, root vegetables sound so comforting and warm....when thinking of summer, cucumber and tomatoes refreshingly come to mind.  Do you eat seasonally?

January Seasonal Fruits and Vegetables

Apples
Beetroot
Brussels sprouts
Carrot
Cauliflower
Celeriac
Celery
Chicory
Clementine
Grapefruit
Jerusalem artichoke
Kale
Kiwi fruit
Leeks
Lemons
Oranges
Parsnips
Passion fruit
Pears
Pineapple
Pomegranate
Potatoes
Rhubarb
Satsumas
Spinach
Swede
Tangerines
Turnips

Comments

Popular Posts