Got Oatmeal?

Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Smoothie

This smoothie was inspired by my beautiful Mom.
The best way to feed 6 kids all getting ready at the same time for school in the morning is atole (Spanish for warm porridge). She would make atole de arroz (rice porridge) or atole de avena (oatmeal porridge) every morning. Once prepared my Mom would fill a blender cup 1/2 way with porridge, add one banana, a splash of vanilla, cup of coffee and fill it with water. Puree for 30 seconds and divide the portion into 6 coffee mugs. She would deliver them on a yellow tray. Such a special memory.
This morning I was in the mood to drink my breakfast vs eat, this is what I came up with. Super creamy...a drink with a little chew.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Smoothie
1 frozen banana
1 T organic peanut butter
2 T organic raw oatmeal
1 cup of almond milk
sprinkle of cinnamon
splash of vanilla
Add all ingredients to blender. Puree for 30 seconds. Enjoy

Comments

Popular Posts