Talapia Fish Sticks

Twice this week I made Talapia Fish Sticks.  I have a 4 year old and she loves fish.  I have tried serveral versions of making fish sticks & chicken tenders/nuggets....they were always ok but now I have mastered it.  So simple I don't know why I did not use this method earlier....I was making it more complicated than it really should be.  As Carmella ate her dinner she'd nod her head forward making sounds of approval, "Uumhumm, uumhumm".


Talapia Fish Sticks

3 Talapia filets
2 eggs
4 T water
1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 cups of panko
1 t Lawry's Seasoning Salt
1/2 cup canola oil

Heat oil in skillet.  Have 3 prep pans in this order plus a pan to set your prepped filets in....1) flour & seasoning salt, mix well   2) Eggs & water, mix well  3) panko.  Cut the filets vertically, each filet should yield 4-5 long fish sticks.   Put the filets down the assembly line:  flour, egg wash then panko.  Add to hot skillet...lightly pan fry each side for 3 minutes.   Serve w/lemon wedges plus HGK Tarter Sauce or natural Ketchup.  Enjoy!

HGK Tarter Sauce

1/3 cup of mayo
2 T pickle relish
2 T finely chopped onion
sprinkle of garlic powder
juice of 1/2 lemon plus zest
dash of Tabasco

Mix all ingredients together.

Comments

Popular Posts