Paletas...Mexican Ice Pops


Bebe gets her wish...


My Bebe girl has been asking and asking to make paletas.  One night before bed she said, "write your self a note to make popsicles with me so you don't forget"...I made myself a note.  We had the molds now I just needed a good recipe.  I enjoy and trust reviews so I read several before I decide on the book Paletas...I adore paletas de arroz (rice pops) and paletas de coco (coconut pops) this book had them and according to the reviews this was now the only ice pop book I was interested in.  So interested that I purchased 4 for friends/sister birthdays. 
Our first recipe to try was 'paletas de zarzamora'  (blackberry ice pops) BUT the only and most important ingredient, blackberry was absent from my fridge.  Not a problem we used what we had, strawberries + raspberries.


paleta in water glass mold

Fresa y Frambuesa Paletas
Raspberry + Strawberry Ice Pops

4 cups of organic berries (3 cups strawberry + 1 cup raspberry)
1 2/3 cups water
2/3 turbanado sugar (white sugar will work)
pinch of salt
2 t lemon juice, fresh

Puree all ingredients in blender.  Pour into molds.  Freeze for 4-5 hours.
note: this recipe made four large mold pops plus I used 3 water glasses (heat & freezer proof) for molds

the request...
Next we'll make the coconut paleta...I'm making it from a fresh coconut then toasting the grated flesh.  I'll let you know. 
May your Summer include fruit pops and for the adults 'boozy pops'.

Comments

Popular Posts