Farm Animal Waffles

Waffles For The Week

Bebe, my 5 year old goes thru stages of loving one breakfast food then suddenly she's on to the next.  Breakfast is easy when she only wants Brown Cow...she prefers it as a smoothie.  Bebe recently finished the stage of  bagels + lox + red onion which lasted 2 1/2 weeks and now she's all about waffles (inspired by an episode of Bananas in Pajamas).  I love to wake up on a slow Saturday and just start creating in my kitchen.  Cooking, baking and creating is relaxing to me...hours pass like rapid seconds.

I normally will make my pancake & waffle mix, however since I discovered Pamela's Products  (gluten- free)  this is the only mix I have been using.  It's not instant, it  calls for egg, water and oil.  I like to embellish a straight forward recipe.
 
Bebe's Favorite Waffles
 
2 eggs, separated
1 1/2 cups Pamela's Mix
3/4 cup water/liquid...buttermilk/coconut milk/almond milk
1 T EVOO
1 t cinnamon
1 t vanilla
zest of 1 orange or lemon
melted ghee or oil to grease waffle iron

Whip the egg whites until stiff (you'll want to skip this but don't...makes for a light texture).  In a separate bowl add all the remaining ingredients, mix till smooth.  Fold in the egg whites.  Use batter immediately in a preheated, greased waffle iron.  I use a small silicone baster to grease iron.
Berries and maple syrup are a must.
 
Yields 12 farm animal waffles or 3-4 7inch round waffles.
 
Enjoy!

Comments

  1. This is the one that I have used for years.

    2 2/3 Cups flour, all-purpose
    2 1/4 teaspoons yeast - Proofed if necessary
    2 tbl Sugar
    1 teaspoon salt
    2 cups milk
    1/2 cup butter
    3 egg
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract

    1. Combine and whisk together the dry ingredients in a large bowl: flour, yeast, sugar and salt, (If using active dry yeast, make sure to proof it first).

    2.Heat butter and milk until very warm, 120 - 130 degrees F. Butter does not have to melt, or melt butter and add to milk and continue to heat.

    3. Beat eggs lightly, add vanilla and milk/butter, and then add dry ingredients to wet and blend with mixer on low until blended and then on medium until smooth.

    4. Cover and let rise for at least 45 minutes. May be stored in refrigerator for future use.

    Max

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Max thank you this is a new one for me, I now have a recipe that calls for yeast. You have a nice palate...Bet it's fabulous. Gracias!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts