Chicken Noodle Soup


Chicken Noodle Soup
 It's a soup kinda weather.  Made 3 (chicken noodle, broccoli cheese and greens + ham) this week and I promise to share all recipes with you. 
Last week I kept my baby girl home all week, she had strep.  She's much better now.  Even sick she was still in a sweet mood.  Monday night after I tucked her in she said, "thank you for taking care of me and making me soup"...she's 5, my heart melted.  Kissy kissy.  Here is what I made her on Monday morning.

Pressure Cooked Chicken Noodle Soup

2 lbs of bone in chicken (quarters or thighs)
5 quarts of water
1 organic celery stalk, thinly sliced
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 teaspoon sage
Salt + pepper to taste
2 organic carrots, sliced
8 asparagus stalks, cut in one inch pcs
8oz of egg noodles
handful of chopped parsley
squeeze of lemon

Pressure Cooker Instructions:
Add first 7 ingredients pressure cook at peak for 18 minutes, release pressure.  Remove chicken and de-bone, discard skin.  Add chicken and the next 3 ingredients, once pressure cooker is at it's peak turn burner off...leave alone for 6 minutes...release pressure and add parsley.  Season to taste.

Stove Top or Slow Cooker Instructions:
Add all ingredients except noodles.  Cook till chicken is done.  Remove chicken and de-bone, discard skin.  Add chicken and noodles, cook till noodles are soft.  Season to taste.

Pressure cooking in my opinion does yield the best broth and flavor.  I so love my Fagor Futuro pressure cooker.  I use it 4-6 times a week, this week alone I made:  Salsa, Chicken Noodle Soup, Broccoli Cheese Soup, Marinara, 2 whole chickens for Chicken Pot Pie order...the week before gumbo.  So happy with the investment, the thrill is contagious.  Since I purchased my pressure cooker 2 of sisters have too, plus a few foodie friends...I've lost count but all report kitchen success.  May your meals always be ...intentionally delightful.

Comments

Popular Posts