A Love Letter


Let me start by saying I love you.  For the last 15 months I've been asking myself 'what's next Darlene?'  Being a chef can be taxing on one's body.  When I have an event, I'm in a non stop mode for 4-5 days and on my feet for 12-16 hours.  To sleep for 24 hours after each event would be a dream, it takes me a couple days to recoup. This is why the "what's next" question has been so loud in my mind.  I started to reflect on what I've enjoyed in my career history, and it brings me back to Real Estate.  I got my RE License in 2004, had my first and only child (Carmella) in 2006.  In 2008 Dave and I decided that staying home with Carmella would be the best thing I could do for our family.  It was my pleasure.  Carmella and I joined a neighborhood playgroup, a few months later Honey Girl Kitchen was born.  These lovely mommies loved the homemade snacks I'd make when I hosted playgroup and so it began.  My first client was Kelly Gordon, thank you!  Baptisms, First Communions, Birthdays, this is how I became an accidental caterer.  I have enjoyed being of service and sharing my gift.  So grateful for the trust and referrals that made my business bloom.  Throughout these years I continued my RE education never letting my RE License expire.  Real Estate was the long term goal as a career...I can sell RE all my life, catering not so much. 
I've built some beautiful friendships while catering.  I ask for your love, kindness, prayers and support in my transition.  I will continue to provide monthly specials the first Thursday of every month plus an update of my transition.      
As of March 9, 2015 I joined CLAY STAPP + CO. Looking forward to the joy of finding my future clients a home

I will still maintain this blog...I will continue to share recipes and post pictures of our family dinner parties.

With so much love, Darlene Rosen

Comments

  1. This was really an interesting topic and I kinda agree with what you have mentioned here!Dominican Republic

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts