No Bake Cheese Cake
I feel I need to confess...only because this cheesecake is soooo delicious. Confession: this is the 2nd pie in 5 days. The first one lasted 24 hours. We'll see how long this one lasts. In our home we all equally adore plain cheesecake and you'll find that it's the norm to request it vs a traditional birthday cake. Every now and then we'll add a french orange marmalade or a french raspberry preserve.
I came upon this recipe a week ago. It's Martha Stewart's 'No Bake Cheesecake' it sounded familiar, if I've made it before it's been ages.
Honey Girl Kitchen's No Bake Cheesecake
inspired by Martha Stewart's version
- 1 1/2 cups crushed cookies (graham, shortbread...whatever you love or have)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted (salted or unsalted...whatever you have)
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 14-ounce can (1 1/4 cups) sweetened condensed milk
- zest of 2 lemons
- juice of 1 fresh lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream (optional...this topping makes it an over the top slice)
- Put cookies in a ziploc, crush them with a rolling pin. Finely.
- Put crumbs into pie pan. Add butter, and stir until well combined.
- Press the crumb mixture press flat. Freeze crust while you mix up the filling.
- In a large mixing bowl add remaining ingredients, EXCEPT sour cream. Mix on medium to high till smooth (whatever powerful mixer/blender of sort you have).
- Pour the filling into the crust; smooth the top. Cover with plastic wrap freeze for 1 hour.
- Top with sour cream. Refrigerate till serving time.